A concrete slab foundation is usually found in any construction area especially for the purpose of the building of the ceiling and flooring. They are typically made in thick and thinner form. These concrete slab foundations can usually be constructed on site or in the factory. It is also crucial that the wall which will be supporting the slab is being built to the correct dimension or else the slab will not fit. There are different uses of the concrete slab foundation but the most important thing that you also need to know is about its advantages and disadvantages.
1. The concrete slab foundation is inexpensive. Its cost is considerably less than choosing the full basement or crawl space that is under the building.
2. Sturdiness is guaranteed with the concrete slab foundation. The building is not depending on any beams or supports to maintain it.
3. It is termite-free because there is no wood that the termites will be exposed to.
4. This is the best solution for tract homes due to its cost effectiveness.
5. It would be perfect as well for shed or garage flooring.
6. Lastly, the labor costs are lower, and the excavation would be at the minimum.
1. There is no access underneath a slab for the utility lines and some other important cables.
2. Flood is one of the primary concerns when it comes to concrete slab foundations. It may happen especially if the slab is at a lower level of the building that can flood even during mild rains.
3. Extending the building will not be possible because it sits on a poured complete concrete slab.
4. Heat loss can occur quickly whenever the ground temperature falls under the temperature that is inside the building.
The advantages and disadvantages of the concrete slab foundation are important since they are the essentials in the construction. It is important that the concrete slab foundation will be thoughtfully constructed with the correct dimensions together with the wall support. There is a need for the engineers to make sure that the measurements are exact and accurate to avoid any problems on the construction of a building.
The concrete slab foundation should be reliable and useful. Knowing the advantages and the disadvantages are genuinely helpful as well. The construction of a building must be perfect because one mistake can be the risk of the safety of everyone who will be in the building. Concrete slab foundation is an essential part of the construction since it is for the flooring and the ceiling. Every worker should always make sure that they are following the standards in making the concrete slab foundation. They should properly follow the instructions and ensure that the designs are being followed as well for each concrete slab foundation.